Monday, September 8, 2014

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Finished painting. I don't paint happy trees.

4 horsemen
 
The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse
oil on canvas
40 in x 24 in
 

I'm very pleased t say that the Four Horsemen have arrived! I finally finished the Four Horsemen painting. It took me several months to complete it, but I am quite pleased with the results. Your first impression may note the perceived grim subject. Upon further inspection, however, you may notice that the Death Horseman's scythe forms a head. There's a face in the clouds in there. The sun has a cloud  in the form of a hand supporting it, like a mother holding her child. Apocalypse is Greek for "Revelation" or an uncovering of knowledge. It has very little to do with an ending. I like to have my art open to interpretation.

 

No comments: