Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Years resolutions 2014. NO GUTS, NO GLORY!

john paul blanchette


I actually achieved all of the things on my resolutions list for 2013, so to continue with this trend, here's my list for 2014. The key I've learned is to keep it short and make them things that are within your immediate reach. People, especially Americans want total innovation NOW. They want to lose 150 pounds fast. It can happen, but it's just rare if it ever is done. Look, I am not an expert on weight loss, but I can tell you from my painting experience that I did NOT make a 10 ft x 7 ft oil on canvas painting overnight. It took a long time. I did that by working in bite size chunks. One day finish the clouds, the next day finish the grass, and so on. Things I KNEW I could easily actually achieve. This methodology is called Kaizen and I highly encourage you to read up on it if you aren't familiar. So here are my resolutions for 2014:

1.) Start Grad School.
2.) Make the multi-media art I have planned.
3.) Start a band.

Success is imminent.

No comments: