Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Resolutions 2013

what is shredding





In the past, I've made long lists of things I want to do in the new year. They are long and too demanding I've learned. I'm going to make it easy this year to accomplish my goals and simply have three.

1. Take guitar lessons and make music.
2. Make more art.
3. Apply for art education grad schools for 2014 .

With only a few goals, I can accomplish them. I felt really bad not accomplishing a lot of my goals I set from the previous year. Also, these things, especially the first two, are very near and dear to my heart. The last is something I probably should have done years ago. I've been out of college for over a decade now. I'd love to teach art for a living. I've noticed that I'm always explaining how I made my art to people, so I figure I might as well get paid to explain art! Also, teaching kids that it's OK to express themselves and be unique is VERY needed in the world right now in this karaoke culture we find ourselves in. 

These goals are very simple. The path is all related to art and creativity. I've noticed that whenever I get off of some path my life becomes miserable FAST. So, the solution is simple. Never get off the path. Ever. Always improving. More art. More music. More life. From my heart. To yours. Have a golden new year. I know I will. Peace.

No comments: